Don't replace it---re-do it!

If you need help with re-upholstering your wood framed chairs or kitchen/dining room furniture, contact me for an estimate.

E-mail photos of your project along with your phone number and we'll talk about how to get more life out of your furniture with new padding and stylish upholstery.

gail.sweetchairity@gmail.com



Thursday, March 24, 2011

Quick Step




     I found this chair at Savers yesterday.  I shop there on Wednesdays because I can use my "Over 55" discount. 
          ---Yeah,that's age, not speed. 
     A while ago, I found acres of a great quality, black-and-tan upholstery fabric--discounted--that has text message abbreviations on it, and it's my go-to material when I find chairs that would look good in a home office, teen bedroom, or dorm room*.
 *I have plenty of experience with dorm rooms and college apartments since my daughters were in 18 different places by the time they were out of undergrad, one being a 10th floor dorm with an
out-of-order elevator on move-in day.
But that's another story...

     After pulling the seat off and giving the metal a good washing, I tore off the old vinyl and foam and proceeded to do my magic, which involves a really cool staple gun attached to a big ol' air compressor.  I always feel like Tim the Toolman Taylor when I fire up that baby.  Sweet.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment